Wednesday, August 18, 2010
NHL 11 Demo
I downloaded the NHL 11 demo yesterday through the Playstation Network and this game seems quite different than what I'm used to, in a good way, a very very good way. I haven't been keeping up with the game this time so I don't know what's officially been changed or added, but here are some things that I noticed that impressed me.
2. One of those modes includes a card collection game. Which is something I'm interested in seeing more of.
3. Disallowed goals, and goal reviews.
4. Faceoff's are incredibly deep now, you can even changed how you hold your stick right before the puck drop.
5. Custom goal celebrations. Kinda neat.
6. Sticks break on the ice! Finally.
7. Not really sure how it's different, but I've played enough NHL9 and 10 to know that something is different with the passing, maybe it's just me. Pressing and holding R2 to pass just feels right this time. Maybe there were some adjustments.