Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sony at Gamescom

First off I want to say that EA announced that Mass Effect 2 will be coming to the PS3 January 2011, with "hours of extra content". Sounds awesome and can't wait!

Gamescom was today and Sony's conference brought some pretty big news. A quick teaser for Resistance 3, and a Gran Turismo 5 release date of November 3rd. I'm not a huge racing fan but I would love to at least play a demo for this game, if only to see how gorgeous it looks in HD. I played quite a bit of GT3 on the PS2 but that was it.

Okay next is LBP2. They showed off a brand new trailer which includes everything you'd expect. Robots, spaceships and trains. As well as some crazy awesome new camera functions. I can't wait to get a hold of that myself. Oh ..and also, what's this? CUSTOM MUSIC! I think I'm going to be fooling around with that for a long time. Check out the full video right here.

There was also a brand new InFamous2 trailer. I played the first one to death, almost getting that elusive platinum, I was just missing a few of those damned shards! This new InFamous2 trailer doesn't show off much actual gameplay, but it does show how much the graphics have been improved. Also, Cole looks a little more like his old self, doesn't he? Video is here.

This next one isn't something I'm interested in, but I'll post the video link for those that are. A new Ratchet & Clank game was announced. Here's the trailer.

This last one is for Killzone3. I played Killzone2 on my PS3 for awhile. Went through the single player a couple times, and played the hell out of the online. I'm not a shooter fan at heart, not at all, but Killzone2 was incredibly well made and had excellent art direction. It was all sci-fi but wasn't full of space battles and what not. Humans attacked the home-world of the Helghast, ground battles were what this game was about. It seems Killzone3 is more of the same, but with jetpacks and exoskeletons! Nothing wrong with that, Killzone2 was near perfect. Video is right here.

3 comments:

  1. i'm excited for Infamous2 and yeah cole looks more like his original self but it could just be the beginning of the game then later on he grows his hair out and stuff *shrug* anyways thanks for the game updates :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea im excited for infamous 2 also, cole kinda looks like nathan drake lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Drake is pretty popular, I don't blame em for making a Drake-like character if that was their plan, but I doubt it was.

    ReplyDelete