Friday, August 20, 2010

Preview / Fallout: New Vegas

On October 19th I'll be jumping into the world of Fallout once again, this time in Las Vegas. Since the release date is right around the corner, I've been looking up all the info I can find on Fallout: New Vegas, which will be the second Fallout game to grace my PS3.

Fallout 3 is still one of the best games I've ever played. There aren't many games that I can invest over one-hundred hours into, and yet still keep finding new things to do. 

Fallout 3 is one of the few games that I've achieved a platinum trophy in. Collecting bobble-heads, killing Super-Mutant Behemoths, discovering all locations, hacking computers and lock-picking, and finding and completing all the side-quests. There was so much to do and I found every moment to be continually entertaining. I expect more of the same with New Vegas, and then some.
 
Fallout: New Vegas has some very welcome improvements. New V.A.T.S. special attacks, gambling, new iron-sights view on all guns, new weapons with customizable options, a plant crafting system similar to the Elder Scrolls series, a new reputation system, and a new companion wheel for issuing commands. Also included is a hardcore mode which not only increases the difficulty, but forces the player to eat and drink as a normal person would, among other features.


Fallout 3 won RPG Of The Year a couple years back, can New Vegas do the same? I could be wrong, but so far the only competition for this title is Final Fantasy XIII, right? I can't believe I'm comparing Final Fantasy to this game. I feel dirty.

Once I gain control of my own character in Fallout: New Vegas I'm sure I'll be putting up more articles on this possible GOTY contender.

8 comments:

  1. yeah i think i'll be picking this up myself :)fall is the time for lots of gaming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Fall and Winter there shall be gaming! Oh yeah, and FFXIV in the Spring! Muhaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would rather pay for this than buy FFXIII. Of course I own FFXIII but it just seemed lack luster over all from what I was use to. It was pretty cool for the most part, but Fallout provided me a much more entertaining time. You need to do a post about LBP. I've got the special edition of that preordered

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree a LBP article would be awesome and it could be a good starting point for when the new one comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I own FFXIII, but Fallout is a much better purchase. I'd get way more hours and enjoyment I think.

    I like LBP, but I think I'd rather write about the second one. Especially once it's released. I'll probably be picking up Move for this game too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even finish FFXIII but i should get back into it someday...Fallout on the other hand i think i've been through it quite a few times but never got everything in it but it was a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Brad you should definitely get back to FFXIII. It's a complicated story for the most part, so don't wait too long where you forget what's happening, or already happened. Could you imagine doing that with Lost? lol Yes, Fallout3 was pretty awesome, New Vegas is going to be so much better though I think. It's like, how much San Andreas was better than GTAIII or Vice City (Although, Vice City was damned good too)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes new vegas will be sweet! Also the game has many more new hours into it and I know bethesda won't disappoint. Plus I need a new rpg game and this will be it.

    ReplyDelete