Friday, August 27, 2010

Sony shows off new Playstation Move tech-demo

Playstation Move had a great showing when it was first shown off at E3 a little more than a year ago. Microsoft had just shown their new camera system for the Xbox and Sony showed them up big time. Sony actually showed off live tech demo's on stage and right away I knew Sony wasn't aiming for a Wii knock-off.








Today, on the Official Playstation Blog, Sony showed off some new tech demo's. From pottery crafting to sword fighting, this video impressed me. All I could think about was a game like Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion using this technology. Throw in a 3D television and we've never seen this amount of immersion in video gaming.

I've included the video below for you to check out, it's pretty amazing. My only problem is that I don't have room to stand up at all in the room my PS3 and HDTV are currently residing in. But I'm not sure if I'll be picking up Move right away anyways. Anton, the dude in this video, is sitting down for some of these demo's though, so there's still hope that you don't need to stand to play!

Side note, Anybody else notice the LittleBigPlanet music in the background? lol


3 comments:

  1. Oh man I can't wait to play this on dead space 2 and killzone 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! look how far we've come in video game tech :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know eh? Imagine playing around with stuff in stereoscopic 3D.

    ReplyDelete