Saturday, October 23, 2010

World of Warcraft / Jerik in Azeroth 3

Character: Jerik Night-Elf Hunter
Server: Ysera
Level: 28
Pet: Level 28 Bird of Prey
Working on: Questing and Crafting

I feel I've completed a lot in the past couple weeks in WoW. I've only been playing for a few hours a day, and hardly all in one sitting either, but lots has happened. I've switched my professions up, started a second character, and I finally have access to Traps.



I'm not all that familiar anymore with the other classes, but Hunter I find to be pretty easy to use for beginners. You constantly have a pet at your side taking pretty much all the damage. They also deal out quite a bit of damage themselves. I've been looking for another pet to use besides the couple I've collected but I haven't seen much variation in the wild animals I fight. I have the Bear, Cougar, and my Owl that I've been using for awhile now. I can nab a Wolf or Spider type but meh, I'm not really interested in just the basic woodland creatures. I don't know if I ever get anymore options though, so I might have to make due with what I have for now. Perhaps I'll switch to a Wolf or Bear for a little while so I don't get tired of my current pet.

I started to realize that Leather-crafting wasn't working well for me a few days ago. After thinking about it for a bit and researching all the different professions, I decided to go Alchemy and Herbalism. First though, I replaced Leather-crafting with Herbalism and went out to level it up by picking herbs. I kept my Skinning profession while doing this because I noticed that simple Light Leather or Medium Leather sold for quite a bit at the Auction House in stacks of 20. I was able to make about 40 gold just selling those skins, so now I'm definitely set for money for awhile. I still have a couple stacks up at the Auction House waiting to be sold. As of today though, I tossed Skinning and went with Alchemy. I had a huge amount of herbs saved up from earlier so I was able to level Alchemy up to around 80 or so pretty quickly. Now I create Elixirs that bring up my stats for 2 hours. The description says 1 hour, but for some reason they last 2 hours. Not sure why, but I ain't complaining.

I started a second character named Jerikus, a Human Mage on the same server, Ysera. I did this so that I could experiment with different crafting combination's between my characters. I can easily send and receive ingredients and items I've crafted back and forth. I think I'll use Jerikus as an Enchanter or something along those lines. Then I'll be able to send Jerik's equipment to him to be enchanted, if that's possible. I'm not playing that character seriously or anything, but I did notice that a Mage class is surprisingly fun to play. Casting a spell on an enemy, which activates another spell is pretty damn cool. It's basically a combo system for magicians. Something I don't think I've ever seen done before in a game like this. My alternate character is currently only level 8 and probably won't get too much farther than that for awhile. Whenever I feel like a change of pace I can jump onto Jerikus to cause some magical havoc.

I finally have access to traps but they are only useful in certain situations. I have a Frost Trap and an Immolation Trap. The Frost Trap obviously does just as the name suggests. It freezes enemies in their tracks. Although once that enemy is hit by you or your pet, the frozen effect wears off. So it's best used when a group of foes tries to take you on with a surprise attack. The Immolation Trap is quite useful I'm finding. I don't use it all that often, but when a foe stops attacking my pet and comes for me, I can set this trap down to do some DoT (Damage over Time) fire damage which really helps out. I love having more to do in battle, it keeps me on my toes so when the situation changes I can quickly set a trap to give myself a hand.

So far things are going well for Jerik. I still have lots of quests to complete so I'm not running out anytime soon. The Cataclysm expansion is fast approaching and some guild members have been telling me that quests will be even more interesting when that happens, so I can't wait for that. I still need to get Frozen Throne though, but perhaps even if you don't purchase Cataclysm you'll have access to those quests? Not sure... we'll see what happens when December shows up. I think I'm going to go eat a grilled-cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment