Tuesday, October 19, 2010

PS3 / Reviews and Releases - October

I've decided to change things up a bit and occasionally write articles on upcoming and recently released video games, as well as reviews. The reviews will be from various gaming sites on the internet, and will probably, more often than not, be about PS3 releases. Because PS3 is awesome, 'cept for mine, cause it's broken.







October 5th

NBA2K11
- Gaming Age review A-/A+           
- Destructoid review 7.5/10          
- 1Up review A-/A+

Def Jam Rapster
- The Gamers Hub review - 4.5/5
- G4TV review - 4/5
- IGN review - 7.5/10

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
- Games.on.net review - 3/5
- Game-Medic review - A-/A+
- Dignews review - 6.5/10

Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction
Digital Chumps review - 6.8/10

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
- Drunk on Judgment review - 3/5
- Destructoid review - 5/10
- PS3 Gamezone review - 7.5/10

October 12th

Borderlands GOTY Edition
- IGN review - 8.8/10

Medal of Honor
- Lazy Gamer review - 8.0/10
- Digital Battle review - 5/10
- PS3 Center review - 8.7/10

Sonic the Hedgehog 4
- Evil Avatar review - 4/5
- PS3 Vault review - 8/10
- The Review Crew review - 8/10

October 19th

Fallout: New Vegas
- Atomic Gamer review - 9/10
- Video Gamer review - 9/10
- Giant Bomb review - 4/5
- The Sixth Axis review - 7/10

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
- Lazy Gamer review - 9/10
- PS3 Home review - 9/10

DJ Hero 2
- IGN review - 9/10

Time Crisis: Razing Storm
- Gamepro review - 6/10

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
- The Sixth Axis review - 9/10
- PS3 Vault review - 9/10
- IGN review - 8/10

Vanquish
- 1Up review - B+/A+
- Gamepro - 3.5/5

The Shoot
- Just Push Start review - 3/5

EA Sports MMA
- Gamepro review - 4.5/5
- Joystiq review - 4/5


Future Releases

October 24th
Shaun White Skateboarding

October 26th
Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition
Rock Band 3
TV Superstars
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2011
Star Wars Force Unleashed 2
The Sims 3
The Fight: Lights Out
Tony Hawk Shred
Monopoly Streets


8 comments:

  1. Your PS3 is still awesome. Its just sick right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and it will probably stay that way. Thanks for commenting. Um.. probably picking up a slim early next month. I'll hafta trade in Demon's Souls and RDR though, maybe more. I'll try to fix this PS3 on my own sometime. I'll also have so many HDD's. My previous 80gb, my 250gb and then if I get a slim, a 120gb :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think they do the 120 anymore. Maybe I'm wrong but I think they're putting 320 with the Move bundle and a 250 with the regular slim package I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check EBGames next month and see what I can get. Better still be $299 or less though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, its $299. The Move bundle is $399 but you don't need the camera that comes with that either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah and unless I don't pay rent or eat for a month, I can't afford that bundle. I'd love to get Move but I'm afraid I don't have enough room right now. I'll wait until I move out. $299 for me then. I have $150 right now and will probably still have $100 of that come November. Then I'll have a few hundred extra for the month so yeah, I should be able to pull off $300 for a PS3, plus trade ins to take off the tax. Hope that works out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking forward to getting SWTFU2 :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, I'll hopefully get to try out that demo next month.

    ReplyDelete