Sunday, October 10, 2010

Preview 2 / DC Universe Online

I'm making up for all that writing I didn't do this week while I was sick. Had a great night hanging out with my family for Thanksgiving as well as watching an awesome hockey game. So I'm in a great mood and thought I'd check out what I've been missing this week in gaming news. I stumbled across these DC Universe character creation videos on Gametrailers.com. Final Fantasy XIV may turn out to be a sub-par MMO experience, but DC Universe has me more excited than ever.




I wrote an earlier preview on DC Universe about what I thought of the game, and what it could become. I think there are a lot of people out there that have, at one time or another in their lives, dreamed of being a Superhero. Making the Superhero or Supervillain of my dreams was something I needed from this game. I needed detailed creation options so I wouldn't look anything like anyone else in the game. There's nothing worse than jumping into an MMO and everyone looks pretty much the same, total cookie cutter effect. But After watching all 3 of these videos (which I have posted below this article) I am 100% confident that I will be able to create a unique custom super-character, and I am actually overwhelmed at the possibilities this creation system offers. I will still wait for a review or two before I fully dive into the PS3 version of the game, but unlike FFXIV, I've read nothing but positive reactions so far.

(embedding the videos from Gametrailers wasn't working correctly, so I've simply provided direct links)

Part 1


Part 2


Part 3

2 comments:

  1. i think i may get this game i love creating my own superhero i have no clue where i would start though haha there's so many choices :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was excited to pick this game up as well until my PS3 died one me :P We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete