Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fringe / Season 3 - Episode 1

Probably my most anticipated show to start this fall, Fringe season 3 is finally here! I had just finished going through the entirety of seasons 1 and 2 over the last couple months with my brother. Getting him ready for this years premiere episode. Last years Fringe finale was something else, it completely blew me away. Did the first episode of season 3 raise the bar yet again?



I'm not really sure if I can answer that to be honest. Not yet at least, it all depends on how important this episode is in the long run. I knew from the get go that Olivia wasn't going to be controlled as easily as they thought she'd be. She escaped early on in the episode as I suspected she would. But it seemed like it was part of Walternate's overall plan. One thing though, this episode sure had me on the edge of my seat as the cliche goes. I never had any idea what was going to happen next.

My brother and I really loved that cab driver though, and I'm so happy that he didn't turn out to be working for Walternate or something. He seemed to be genuinely interested in Olivia and was even psyched up a bit when they escaped Charlie and the other agents. I hope we see him again in the future sometime, perhaps helping out Olivia when she needs it most. Also, I really like this Charlie Francis now. At the end of season 2 he seemed very different than the Charlie we knew from our dimension, but this season he feels more like Charlie than ever. He even grew his hair out a bit.

I don't really like that other agent guy much, the guy that was burnt to a crisp earlier. Is he supposed to be the replacement in this world for Peter? They did a great job healing him up though, can't believe he even survived that blast from last season. Crazy stuff.

What are Walternate's plans for Olivia? I found the second half of this episode frustrating, nothing to do with the writing or anything though. Just frustrating that Olivia is starting to get jumbled up and become the Olivia from that side. Crazy thought, what if our Olivia truly becomes the other Olivia. Then this new, spy Olivia, turns to our side. Ugh, brain hurts. I want our Olivia back! Peter is going to notice something is up eventually and punch her out, then Walter can throw her into that chamber and turn her into our Olivia. Or something...

Overall, I am excited to see where Fringe takes us next. I'm hoping for less filler - freak of the week - type episodes this year, but I'm sure there will be plenty anyways. I just want to get to the meat of the mythology this season already! My mind is just swimming with possibilities, and I have no idea what we'll see this season. More taxi-guy? Charlie returning to our team, maybe? What do you think? Comment below if you have any spoiler free theories or ideas about Fringe. Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. i would really like if otherside charlie came to ourside and saw the truth that would be awesome :) anyways yeah the possibilities are endless but i hope they don't stray too far from what they already have set in moment but seeing if there is other dimensions not just two would be sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! Thanks for bringing that up Brad. I am sure there is another dimension, I'm pretty sure there is an infinite amount as Walter once said. I believe that's maybe where the Observer's come from. They have the knowledge and power (they can read anyone's mind!) to take over or destroy anything they wanted, yet ...they don't. I think they are going to be mediators and perhaps focus both sides to be on the same page eventually. Perhaps then they can all face their true enemy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude that's deep haha yeah that would be epic in the end

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does Charlie have hair at the end of this episode? Surely he should have kept his shaved head from S2E23?

    ReplyDelete