Sunday, September 12, 2010

Supernatural / Season 2 Part - 5

It took awhile for me to get started on writing this article because I've been watching a lot of Fringe with my brother. I'm also still waiting for Supernatural season 3 to arrive. So it's not like I could get started with the next season right away anyways.So here are my thoughts on the season 2 finale for Supernatural.








 Episode 21, All Hell Breaks Loose - Part 1 (Written By: Sera Gamble, Directed By: Robert Singer)

Sam has been abducted and wakes up in a ghost town. He's joined by Andy and Ava from previous episodes in the season. As well as a man named Jake and a woman named Lily. They all have abilities like Sam, some even more advanced. For example, Andy is able to use his abilities to send Dean a message telepathically to help him find his brother. Dean has also recruited Bobby to help track down the ghost town that Sam is held up in.

I really enjoyed this episode and it really got me excited to watch part 2. Bringing back some of the supporting characters from earlier this season worked really well. I especially liked seeing Andy again, too bad Ava summoned a demon to rip him to shreds, that was pretty sad.

I'm glad Ava got her head turned around backwards from our buddy Jake. Well, Jake was my buddy until he attacked Sam at the end there. Not sure why he did that, Jake fell right into the Yellow-eyed Demon's plan. Of all the people you could not trust, there's absolutely no reason why anyone wouldn't trust Sam in the situation they were in. Jake just takes advantage of the situation and knifes him when Sam's distracted. Watching Dean's reaction to Sam dying in his arms was gut wrenching. I can't imagine how it felt to be stabbed in the back, especially considering how super-human strong Jake is. Sam's impending death is quite a shocker, but obviously they'll figure something out to make things right again.

Also, just remembered that the roadhouse was burned down! Ash was on to something big too, he was about to tell Dean but they arrived too late. Rest in peace Ash, you were pretty damn awesome.

Episode 22, All Hell Breaks Loose - Part 2 (Written By: Eric Kripke & Michael T. Moore, Directed By: Kim Manners)

Dean refuses to accept the death of his brother and heads to the crossroads to make a deal. He trades his soul for his brother to be revived. Dean has one year before the hell-hounds come for him. Ellen arrives at Bobby's junkyard and together they all try to stop the Yellow-eyed Demon's plans of opening up the gate to hell.



I was happy to see Ellen alive, she got lucky though. She was making an errand while the bar burned down. I really can't remember from future seasons, but I really hope we see Ellen and Jo again, but it's probably not so.

It was great to see the colt again, it ended up being even more important than I previously thought too. It was a key to open a doorway to hell. I find it a little hard to believe that that was the Yellow-Eyed Demon's plan all along. To train a kid to open a gate, a gate that was so easily closed by Sam and Ellen at the end there. They couldn't close the gate until Jake was out of the way though, and boy did Sam take care of Jake. He even looked like it was pure revenge for Sam, I think he almost smiled when he shot him in the back, then shot him again while he was helpless on the ground. Dean looked at his little brother like I've never seen Dean look at him before. Dean actually looked a little frightened of his brother.

How awesome was it to see daddy Winchester again? He showed up in the nick of time to help Dean finally kill the Yellow-eyed Demon. Not sure why the Yellow-eyed Demon kept the bullet in the chamber, but he did seem to be extremely over-confident that his plans were always going to succeed. I don't blame him for being cocky though, he did convince John to trade his own life for Dean's earlier this season, he also was given the gun by John. Everything seemed to be going to plan for him.

Who knew that John was in hell though? Wonder how that really works in the Supernatural universe. Oh wait a minute, it's because he made that deal with the demon, right? Seems like Dean will suffer the same fate in the future then. One year isn't very long, I think Dean really could have got a lot longer to live but he was desperate. He'd obviously do anything for his little brother.

That about sums up my immediate thoughts of the season 2 finale. As I said at the beginning, I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait until I can start season 3. Lot's of new shows are starting this month and I'm also trying to get through season 2 of Fringe so my brother and I can be caught up for the new season. So many shows to watch and so little time. I might be working soon as well so I might not have time (or the patience) to be as frequent as I've been since I started this blog. We'll see though. With all the new shows I'll probably want to write about it all though. What better place than here?

2 comments:

  1. nice ending to your supernatural Season 2 review rob :) hopefully dad doesn't forget to give ya those dvds again :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, thanks for commenting so quickly Brad. Yeah, I'd love to get that stuff from your dad sometime.

    ReplyDelete