And guess what? It's coming tomorrow morning according to this announcement. Both the EU and US servers will go down for maintenance very early tomorrow morning while they upgrade their hardware. This must be a pretty serious undertaking for SOE considering they need to fix the hardware side of things, as opposed to just a software fix. I was just beginning to get frustrated with the voice chat issues while a lot of the fanbase were already pretty upset. If you read my brief week-2 thoughts on DCUO then you'll know that the voice chat issues were my biggest issue with the game.
RadarX, a moderator for the official DCUO PS3 forums posted the following:
Voice Chat services will be unavailable at 4AM PT (13:00 CET) for a hardware upgrade to improve performance. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately one hour. For the US servers this will coinceded with hotfix maintenance and should have marginal impact.
EDIT: Now the only thing left for them to get fixed is the freezing issues. I always seem to go a few days freeze free and then there's just one day where I freeze like 5 times in a few hours. Tonight I've frozen twice and they were both at the worst possible moments. Once at the end of a 5vs5 PvP match, and then at the very end of a hard fought duo with a friend. It's very rare that this happens, but when it does it can be extremely frustrating. Wish there was an easy fix for issues like these.
EDIT 2: We got another update which will make some gameplay changes. Official post is below.
The US servers will be coming down at 4AM PT for a brief hotfix to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately less than 90 minutes. Players may notice the following changes:
- Abilities: Psychic Empowerment now properly restores power.
- Abilities: Performing a dodge roll will no longer dodge healing abilities.
- Challenges: Power Girl now drops loot in the level 30 Challenge Mode for Storming the Ivory Tower.
- Faction Rewards: Villain faction rewards now only require Marks of Allegiance and no longer require an unavailable badge type.
- Feats: Any feat that requires a specific number of PvP wins should now be granted properly after the correct number of wins.
- Trait Resets: If you reset traits while in a different shape change form you will no longer remain stuck in that form.
- Trait Resets: All buffs cast by the player character from abilities granted by traits will now be removed when resetting traits.
- Trait Resets: Resetting traits with a weapon type equipped that was earned by a trait (i.e. not the weapon type chosen at character create) will no longer continue to give the stats of the equipped weapon with no basic abilities.
o Now all stats will be removed from equipped weapons for which you do not have the required trait.
o In this situation, you should have the same basic punching abilities that you get if you unequip your weapon.
o Purchasing the trait to grant access to that weapon type again will now restore those stats.